1. The heavier the item, the smaller the box. For things like canned goods, heavy dishes, or books, make sure that you have an appropriately sized box. A large box full of heavy items will be hard and inconvenient to move.
2. Fill empty spaces in boxes with packing paper so that your items don’t shift around, helping to prevent chipping or breaking. If you run out of packing paper, that’s okay! Use clean socks to fill in the voids in your boxes.
3. Keep the integrity of your boxes by taping across the top rather than folding the box flaps in on themselves.
4. Label everything! Use labeling stickers for your boxes rather than writing on them. You should also include what room each box will need to go in, making organization in your new home a breeze. Using different colored markers or tape for different rooms can help organize boxes as well.
5. Anything that you will need right away when you move into your new home, pack in a clear plastic bin so that you can see inside and find the essentials right away. Things like phone chargers, silverware, toilet paper, and other toiletries might be needed ASAP at your new home, so you’ll want to be able to locate them with ease.
6. Save on packing paper and bubble wrap by packing dishes and breakables in towels and clothing. This is a great way to kill two birds with one stone and get your kitchen and closet all packed up at the same time!
7. Rather than clearing out all of your dresser drawers, pull the drawers out and cover the tops of them in Glad Press’n Seal plastic wrap so that nothing falls out, and the drawers can be easily replaced without having to reorganize everything in them.
8. When moving your electronics, take a picture of how everything is connected so that you can easily reference where all of the cords go when you’re ready to set up your televisions, computers, and stereo systems in your new home.
9. Schedule pick updates for charity organizations, like Goodwill or the Salvation Army, to come pick up anything you plan to donate at least two weeks before you move. If you have anything that you don’t want to donate, but still want to get rid of, start posting those items on eBay or Craig’s List a few weeks before moving as well. When asking friends or family to help you move, give them first dibs on anything you plan to get rid of, as a thank you for their help.
10. If you have a lot of heavy or fragile items to move, hiring a professional moving company can be a lifesaver and well worth the cost. Before hiring a moving company, read reviews about them, and book them in advance. Research a company before hiring them so that you know how they work, what they will and won’t do, and if they charge extra for moving or packing anything specific.
“The home buying experience has pretty much been nothing like we thought. It was much professional, easy, and we got into a home in much less time and hassle than we had anticipated. Thank you to everyone at Accel!“
“…extremely confident in dealing with the details and negotiations from beginning to end, starting with the selling price. I was very impressed with all the support and would recommend them to anyone looking for real estate in Eagle or elsewhere in Idaho.“
“We thought buying our first home would be complicated, but with the help of our Accel Agent we found a home we love without having to wait too long. There were multiple offers and ours was the one they accepted!“
“My family noticed right away how sharp the photos and brochures looked. Our Agent told us the details mattered and that’s it’s so important when selling your home. Thank you for all the work up front to make listing day stress free.“
“Our Agent handled all the work of listing our home, every single detail, all we had to do is make the decisions on the offer. We are extremely happy with Accel and the service provided to us while selling our home.“
“…our Agent was flawless, she had the best recommendations every step of the way to make sure we got everything we needed. I couldn’t have imagined a more perfect buying experience.”
The properties listed by our Agents sell faster and for more money because they are marketed at the highest level possible, locally and internationally.SELLER'S SERVICES